It took 55 holes, but Min Lee came through with a par on No. 18 in the first extra frame of a sudden-death playoff to win the second annual Valley Forge Invitational on Sunday at Raven’s Claw Golf Club. The victory is Lee’s second on the Symetra Tour, as she captured the Garden City Charity Classic title back in 2014.
“Every win means something and it feels like it has been a while since last time I won in the United States,” said Lee, who fired a 5-under par 66 in the final round to conclude the tournament at 15-under overall. “After I finished, I got a lot of texts from my friends and family supporting me. Especially watching Facebook, people keep posting and cheering for me. It was amazing to have that.”
Our player writer Paige Lee had a strong start, where she stood T-3 (66) on Day 1 and T-10 (70) on Day 2 but with a final round 75 she slipped down and finished at T-41. Wishing her great luck for the next event in Indiana.
Following the ninth tournament of the 2019 Symetra Tour season, the Volvik Race for the Card welcomes a fresh top-10.
The victory and $18,750 winner’s check move Min Lee from unranked to No. 27, having earned $18,750 across three starts this season. Here is a look at the current top-10 heading into the eighth annual Four Winds Invitational at Blackthorn Golf Club in South Bend, Ind. from June 7-9:
1. Leona Maguire (County Cavan, Ireland) – $74,993
2. Julieta Granada (Asuncion, Paraguay) – $55,680
3. Nuria Iturrios (Mallorca, Spain) – $53,508
4. Perrine Delacour (Paris, France) – $45,652
5. Jillian Hollis (Rocky River, Ohio) – $39,885
6. Maria Parra (Guadiaro, Spain) – $35,044
7. Maddie Szeryk (London, Ontario, Canada) – $33,631
8. Min Seo Kwak (Seoul, Republic of Korea) – $31,661
9. Cydney Clanton (Concord, North Carolina) – $31,204
10. Lauren Coughlin (Charlottesville, Virginia) – $30,710