A recent facebook post brought to light the long forgotten golf club in Bandra, where the European community had settled in the 19th century. In 1905 the Bombay Golf Club was shifted from Bombay Gymkhana’s premises to Pali Hill in Bandra and renamed to Pali Hill Golf Club. The Golf Club is now no more and got engulfed by the ever-growing city of Mumbai, or erstwhile Bombay is filled by high rise buildings overseeing the nets of The “Danda” fishing village.
The below images are restored from the sources of East India Company & Raj Research Group 1600-1919.
For more photos, please visit – https://www.indiagolfdigest.com/photos/pali-hill-golf-club/