India’s most well-known NGO in the cancer space for the past 65 years, “Indian Cancer Society” invites golfers to their annual fundraiser golf tournament “Drive Against Cancer”, on Friday, 16 April, 2021. The minimum amount to participate is Rs. 10,000 and more generous donations are most welcome and help the Society in their work.
The Charity Golf Tournament will be played at the historic Delhi Golf Club, redesigned in 2019-20 by Gary Player. The new modernised greens and attractive bunkering have added to the allure of the iconic course which is in excellent condition and sure to provide a memorable golfing experience.
The annual charitable tournament raises funds towards facilitating cure, rehabilitation of underprivileged patients besides creating awareness, encouraging early detection among the masses, and offering support to survivors.
Attractive giveaways for all and prizes in three handicap categories will ensure everyone feels like a winner! Starting will be off the 1st and 10th tees in the morning. Lucky draws and winners will be announced soon after the game and players need not be present at the ceremony to win.
ABOUT INDIAN CANCER SOCIETY
Indian Cancer Society was established in 1951 by Dr. D.J. Jussawalla and Mr. Naval Tata as India’s first voluntary, non-profit, national organization for Awareness, Screening, Cure and Survivorship of those affected with this disease.
Indian Cancer Society has been doing sterling work in fighting cancer across India. It has been and continues to be the beacon of hope for thousands of our poor cancer affected brethren. The extent of help required is phenomenal. The society is entirely dependent on public support for its various activities including for financing the treatment and rehabilitation of cancer patients and for spreading the cancer awareness of its early detection.
- Creating nationwide awareness of cancer, tobacco as a risk factor, survivorship, and encouraging regular checkups for early detection increasing the chances of cure and economic burden of treatment in an advanced stage.
- Providing for the early detection of cancer through cancer screening centers and mobile cancer Screening camps across India, for the underprivileged.
- Providing funds for the treatment of cancer for poor cancer patients across India through empanelled hospital
- Providing support during and after treatment to poor cancer patients through accommodation, rehabilitation, and survivor support groups.
- Gathering and collating data through the population-based cancer registry for Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur and Aurangabad (ICS is the only NGO to run a cancer registry), and providing analytic and projected reports on the incidence of cancer.
- Providing a medium for the dissemination of information and research findings to the medical fraternity through the Indian Journal of Cancer.
Interested golfers can register for the event by visiting – https://rnsportsmarketing.com/events/driveagainstcancer/