Vice Chairman & Managing Director, TAKE Solutions
Home Club: Madras Gymkhana
Sponsors 5 Indian Professionals: SSP Chawrasia, Chikkarangappa, Khalin Joshi, Shubhankar Sharma & Abhishek Jha
- When did you start playing golf?
- What do you love most about playing golf?
Great camaraderie in wonderful surroundings. You meet lots of interesting people with a phenomenal
- Who forms your regular Fourball?
In Chennai – Sumanth Subramaniam, D Vasu, Hemant Sinha
In Singapore – Bhaskar G, Arjun Dosaj, Samir Bedi
- How about your dream Fourball?
Tiger Woods, Jordan Spieth, Kapil Dev with myself
- Name your favourite Gentleman & Lady Pro golfers?
Gentleman – Indian – SSP Chawrasia, Jeev Milkha Singh
International – Jordan Spieth, Brandt Snedeker
Ladies – Lydia Ko, Paula Creamer
- Favourite golf course – In India & abroad?
Muirfield Village, Jack Nicklaus’ home course – Ohio because of the sensational and challenging course in which you have to think before every shot. In India, it is Jaypee Greens, Noida because of the fantastic course layout and facilities – always well maintained and in pristine condition.
- How often do you get to play golf?
6-8 times a month, though I would love to play more often.
- Your thoughts on doing business on the golf course?
I have often heard of this but I personally have not experienced it much. Golf gives an excellent opportunity to network in an informal setting with the possibility of being able to use these networks outside. However in my case, I believe it is better to leave serious business deals to the office and not the course.
- Describe your most memorable experience on the course?
There are many, one being the YPO Rest of the World Vs. YPO USA game (the President’s Cup) at the Fancourt Links, South Africa which we won.
- Do you use any golf apps on your phone? Any gadgets to improve your game?
I use Golf Shot Plus. It is a phenomenal app that comes pre-loaded with many courses. It also gives an accurate measure of distance, complete with profiles of the course layout, hazards etc.
- The most scenic course you have played?
TPC Jasna Polana at Princeton, New Jersey
- Current handicap? Lowest handicap you have had?
Current is 10.7
Lowest handicap – 5.4
- What apparel brands do you wear on the course?
Boss, Nike and Under Armour
- On an average, how long do you drive the ball?
- What attributes do you look for in a golfer before you sponsor him/her?
1) The ability and potential to play well and represent the country
2) Conduct on and off the course
3) Ability to carry our brand.
- What is your favourite holiday destination?
Scotland. Besides golf, the “after golf” life is also good. It is also a place of great scenic beauty.
- What is your favourite dish at your home course?
Omlette or an omelette sandwich, which is easy to grab, bite and move on with the game.
- Favourite 19th hole drink?
Chilled Vodka, preferably Beluga.